[Foundation-l] Proposals for the first global roles

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri May 30 11:59:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/30 Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k at gmail.com>:
>
>>> Besides that, most interwiki bots
>>> will run on all languages of one project rather than various projects,
>>> so interwiki bots for other projects would normally not come to
>>> wiktionary to edit there.
>>
>>  Exactly, you would ask for a global flag on wikipedia or wiktionary or any
>> other project... not a global flag for every project created..
>
> My understanding is that the tool we have is "global everywhere"; we
> don't have the capacity to say "global on all Wikipedias", etc.,
> without doing it manually, which is... well, what we had before.

Yes, but a person who is running bot from, let's say, German
Wikipedia, will never reach any Wiktionary. And if a bot owner is
enough trusting to have a bot privilege on Wikipedias, it is really
paranoid to expect that such person will abuse their privileges by
writing case-insensitive links/pages on Wiktionaries; even this is not
default at pywikipediabot, as Andre said.