[Foundation-l] Proposals for the first global roles

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Fri May 30 10:12:12 UTC 2008

2008/5/30 Thomas Goldammer <thogol at googlemail.com>:
> 2008/5/30, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>:
>> Let's try to resume previous discussions. Proposals for the first set
>>  of global roles are:
>>
>>  * Global bot flag for interwiki bots. This flag may be used only for
>>  non-controversial actions, like interwikis and user space pages are.
>
> That would be really good, but then all interwiki bots will have to be
> case-sensitive according to page titles. Wiktionaries have
> case-sensitivity and I don't want to see any interwiki bot run on a
> wiktionary without case-sensitivity enabled since that causes lots of
> trouble.

Pywikipediabot has case sensitivity set up on the project level, not
on the bot level. If there are some that work correctly (and there
are), then all will work correctly. Besides that, most interwiki bots
will run on all languages of one project rather than various projects,
so interwiki bots for other projects would normally not come to
wiktionary to edit there.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644 -- Skype: a_engels