[Foundation-l] En.wikipedia's arbcom

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Fri May 30 00:15:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM, White Cat
<wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't forum shop. 100% of the time you replied to something I post you
> accused me of things.
>
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 2:32 PM, White Cat
>> <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Politely asking people to stop rather than ordering them around can do
>> > wonders. You are right though. With this much bad faith a productive
>> result
>> > is not a possibility.
>> >
>> >   - White Cat
>> >
>> > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Jon <scream at datascreamer.com> wrote:

>> Could you *please* stop forum-shopping then? This isn't the first time
>> you're told something and you come to Foundation-l looking for a different
>> answer.
>>
>> -Chad

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:51 PM, White Cat
<wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Like I implied on my earlier post. Regulating it would be much easier and
> time consuming from a central location: Meta.
>
>   - White Cat
>
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:22 PM, mike.lifeguard <mike.lifeguard at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Wikibooks has the same problem - interwiki linking is rather more
>> complicated for the non-Wikipedia project. I think it would be acceptable
>> give a global bot flag BUT bots are only to work where approved (ie not on
>> Wikibooks unless you ask first; not on Wikisource if you ask first). This
>> allows stewards to not waste time flagging a bot on all Wikipedias (use the
>> global flag) but the bot should then only work on Wikipedias (unless it is
>> allowed to work on the other families).
>> However, thoughts on this may differ. I know many don't agree that
>> people/bots are able to /not/ use rights they have, but that's just not
>> true. Just because a bot is globally flagged as such doesn't mean it must
>> work on all wikis - it is quite easy to restrict it to only one family.
>>
>> Mike.lifeguard

It's been pointed out that this was already discussed elsewhere. I no
longer subscribe to Wikien-l, so I cannot personally say what the resolution
to such discussion was.

"Sorry, this was held in moderation and is now out of context," would've been
an appropriate first response. The fact that you're continuing to debate it when
others pointed out it's been debated elsewhere comes across as trying to get
a different answer from before.

-Chad

PS: Please disregard my posting this to a different thread, that was entirely
unintentional.