[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] Bot policy for all wikis

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu May 29 18:37:23 UTC 2008

2008/5/28 Jon <scream at datascreamer.com>:

> We could just not get wrapped around the axle about sorting interwiki
> links.  I don't think it is a large issue.  I can be convinced otherwise
> however.

+1, as I believe the hip young things say these days.

Would it perhaps be simpler to have two kinds of interwiki bots? The
cross-wiki ones can deal with adding and removing links, in
time-honoured tradition, and the local ones can just crawl through
recent changes fixing the order in whatever way is accepted on that
project...

...and those projects where no-one cares, they can just remain as-is,
in a vaguely disorganised form. It's unlikely to prove a crippling
user-interface problem if we leave them be.

--
- Andrew Gray
 andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk