[Foundation-l] En.wikipedia's arbcom

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Sun May 18 00:11:28 UTC 2008

Since this issue is about en.wikipedia's arbcom foundation-l is the place to
discuss this.

Right now we have an Arbitration Committee that has declared ownership over
Arbitration related sub pages. Arbitrators will not allow community or
members of the community to edit or restructure these pages.

For example I was denied the right to create the redirect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Davenbellewhich
was promptly deleted by an admin who I believe is an arbitrator.

Arbcom will not allow the restructure of RfAr page which has become very
large or so I am told
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Requests_for_arbitration#For_the_sake_of_sanity.2C_subpages_pleaseI
do not know what that assessment is based on but I suspect it may be
yet
another "private" discussion of arbcom. Us lowlifes hardly hear from arbcom
anymore. It takes forever to load the RFAR page on GPRS connections.

Arbcom was founded by Wikipedia's founder Jimmy Wales to help resolve
disputes. Arbcom is beginning to be the source of a dispute over the most
trivial disagreements.

      - White Cat