[Foundation-l] Global rollback users

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu May 29 11:38:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Al Tally <majorly.wiki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/29 Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>:
>
>> I think that Pedro's approach is better: those users should get right
>> to delete page (as well to undelete if they make a mistake; or it is
>> not necessary?), too. Vandals and spammers are making new pages, too
>> and those pages should be deleted.
>>

> They all need blocking. In the end, we might as well give the whole set out.

With central blocking feature this is not so necessary. A couple of
persons (stewards) may cover that. If it is possible to categorize
block (like: "open proxy", "dynamic IP" etc.), it would be possible to
make some exceptions (for open proxies at some projects). However,
there is a permission "bypass open proxy restriction", which may be
given to users from countries which filter access to Wikipedia.