[Foundation-l] Global rollback users

Jesse Plamondon-Willard pathoschild at gmail.com
Thu May 29 03:15:37 UTC 2008

Hello,

Stewards can now create and edit global groups[1]. Users assigned to
these groups will have the groups' rights on all public Wikimedia
wikis. For example, a user in the 'global rollback' group could use
the 'rollback' feature on all Wikimedia wikis. However, stewards will
not create or assign these groups without community consensus.

I propose the creation of a global rollback group. This would be very
useful for members of the small wiki monitoring team[2] and other
users involved in multiple-wiki countervandalism. We will also need
objective criteria for its assignment; I suggest elected administrator
access on at least one public Wikimedia wiki, and evidence of activity
in multiple-wiki countervandalism (like links to contributions on
multiple wikis).

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_handbook#Adjusting_global_groups_.26_rights
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_Wiki_Monitoring_Team

--