[Foundation-l] Global groups

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Wed May 28 02:16:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

While the list below may seem impressive, most of them are already available
to sysops

Use higher limits in api queries? yes
edit semiprotected pages? yes
Have own edits marked as patrolled? yes
Block other users from editing? yes
Block a user from sending email? yes

So again,  MOST of these rights are  already available to sysops and they
aren't "NEW" rights.
It's just that they can now be fine-grained controlled (instead of granting
sysop which would grant most here)

Reason I tell you this is because your mail sounds a  bit alarmist as in
"look how many powers we got!"
and truth is, we could already exercise them (by manually +sysop) and also
were being exercised by pretty much any sysop on any wiki

So not much is changed here regarding what stewards can access, just how
easily available are them