[Foundation-l] Policy modification (was possible reconsideration)

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon May 26 13:44:43 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Given that the language committee is in the business of STARTING projects,
there is no community, it is exactly one of the criteria for starting a
project that there is one. When people who do not speak a language vote in
order to have one, it is of no relevance at all. You may have noticed that
voting is of little or no relevance for the language committee. When a
language is recognised as such, we generally allow for a new project.
Recognition is based on a living language recognised by the ISO-639-3.

When I ask you and Ray a pointed question, it is exactly because both of you
are candidates for a seat on the board of trustees. Pointed questions are
called for because they do not give room to weasel out of taking a
position.. Then again, you can always flatly refuse to answer and make that
seem reasonable.

I am not asking about other committees, I am not involved in them and do not
have much of an opinion on them.
Thanks,
     GerardM