[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WL-News] Wikimedia Foundation in dangeroflosing immunity under the Communications Decency Act

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat May 24 14:18:30 UTC 2008

2008/5/24 Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>:
> I'm hardly a random admin.
>
> For the Bauer article I received a most concerned email from Mike Godwin
> that there was a risk that publication was contempt of court, so the issue
> was an IAR one.

Contempt of court? Before, people were talking about libel (although,
I think that was just guesswork). If there's a specific court order
that would be violated by the article, I don't understand why it
wasn't an OFFICE action - complying with court orders would seem to be
just the kind of thing OFFICE was created for.