[Foundation-l] FYI: Welcome to this years Wikimania site: Egypt, the land with cultur ministers with special taste in history, culture and all the good things

Robert Stojnic rainmansr at gmail.com
Wed May 21 22:40:35 UTC 2008

Mathias Schindler wrote:

>On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Robert Stojnic <rainmansr at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I find a couple of things fishy about this news:
>>1) it seems to be published by israeli media only (no other major news
>>agencies)
>>

>http://www.egynews.net/wps/portal/!ut/p/c0/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hzMxMjkwAXIwMDbx8jAyNLQ8egYBNzo2ATE_2CbEdFANYT_Ag!/?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/migration/ertu/news_knowledge_art/2008052117542404901321
>

>The article mentiones a parliamentary debate from May 10th in which
>the statement was made - apparently in response to some statement from
>the "Brotherhood".

Well spotted! :)
Anyway, my google translate is a bit murky... he seems to be denying the
allegations, saying they where out of context, and he says that they
actually do a restauration of a synagoge as a world heritage site in
egypt, and not trying to burn it down...
Anyone speaking arabic better than google translate? :)

r.