[Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Sun May 18 20:21:39 UTC 2008

Anthony wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> Anthony wrote:
>>
>>> Generally when a board makes a request it does so by passing a
>>> resolution.  Resolutions are the means by which a board acts as a
>>> board.  One problem with discussing it in a board meeting and deciding
>>> that one of them will go and talk to Mike or Sue, is that leaves a lot
>>> of room for miscommunication as to what exactly the board is
>>> requesting.  This is especially true when there is disagreement among
>>> the board members as to what exactly they want, which appears to be
>>> the case in this instance.
>>>
>> We were both there when the discussion was held, Anthony, so there's no
>> broken telephone in this particular instance.
>>

> No, but there does seem to be a lack of clarity over what exactly the
> board, qua board, is requesting.  The minutes of that meeting must be
> interesting.  They're not public, are they?

Hm. It's my impression that board minutes did not used to be publicly-available, but that the board has recently begun publishing them as a matter of routine. AFAIK the minutes of the April meeting aren't yet published, but I believe at some point they will be.

Domas (executive secretary) or another board member would know for sure :-)

--

Sue Gardner
Executive Director

Your donations keep Wikipedia running! Support the Wikimedia Foundation
today: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate