[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WL-News] Wikimedia Foundation in danger of losing immunity under the Communications Decency Act

Mike Godwin mgodwin at wikimedia.org
Sun May 18 19:12:23 UTC 2008

Delirium writes:

> To clarify, is this merely your personal view, or is it actually the
> policy being adopted? That is, is [[en:WP:OFFICE]] now defunct?

It's not defunct. Similarly, the death penalty may be on the books,
but that doesn't mean we should be executing more people.

I think WP:OFFICE has been over-invoked in the past, and in ways that
raise more questions than it solves. That's not the same thing as
abolishing WP:OFFICE, which we reserve the right to use.

--Mike