[Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sun May 18 11:57:59 UTC 2008

Mike Godwin wrote:

 >Ray Saitonge Wrote:
>> emphasize the inclusion of the word "personally" three times I
>> suspect a
>> certain level of equivocation.
>
> Your suspicion is misplaced. The focus on "personally" is to ensure
> that other kinds of criticism are understood to be allowed and even
> encouraged.

I am sure Lysander Spooner would agree. In considering the
document, it serves us well to give the wording the most
harmless reading possible, and trust it will never become
a cudgel with which to stamp out reasoned dissent.

The wording in the current draft is an improvement as far
as I am concerned, though my earlier stated objection is
still not wholly resolved.

Yours

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen