[Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat May 17 14:27:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I should add that my own obligations as an attorney for the Foundation
> actually exceed those imposed on the Board.  I don't find my attorney-
> client obligations particularly onerous, and I feel free to give the
> Board and staff my critical advice, even though I'm generally
> ethically barred from writing a tell-all book about their
> personalities or posting personal criticisms on Foundation-l.

Are you really barred from all personal criticism of the Foundation or
its members *for a period of three (or more) years following your
departure*, merely by being an attorney?  I don't think that's true,
but even if it is, you get paid for this.  The board members, on the
other hand, don't get paid anything.