[Foundation-l] Board statement of responsibility

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat May 17 12:07:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Because this document is between the individual board members and the
>> organization, it's really none of my business whether or not you sign
>> it.
>
> The board member side isn't any of our business, perhaps, but the
> organisation side is. It's basically an agreement between the board
> and us, so of course it's our business. (I know legally speaking we're
> nothing to do with the foundation, but in practice we have a lot to do
> with it.)

Fair enough.  That particular comment of mine wasn't that important
anyway.  Feel free to ignore it.

I certainly do *care* whether or not Florence signs the agreement, and
I would hope that she doesn't, because I'd like to hear her uncensored
opinion on Foundation issues after she leaves (if not while she's
still here).  But in the end, I don't think Florence cares what I
want, so I tried to point out to her why it is in *her* best interest
to refuse to sign the agreement.

As for "the organisation side", I don't think the opinions of the
staff members who created this agreement are going to be swayed by
anything said here on foundation-l, and they haven't asked for input
from us anyway.  If you'd like me to go into further detail, let's
take this discussion to an uncensored forum.