[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Internal-l] Latest Tax Form 990 Available on Foundation Wiki

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Fri May 16 20:48:59 UTC 2008

On 5/16/08, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> That form includes individual's salaries. I thought such information
> was confidential. Is that a mistake? If so, you may wish to remove the
> file ASAP.

 I have looked at tax forms for other non-profits. Top ~5 individual
salaries is something that is required on these forms.  I suppose this is
for transparency for non-profits, same as how salaries of government
employees are public information in the U.S. (e.g.
http://www.charlotte.com/ncpay/ ,
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/govt/workers/faq.htm)

-Aude

Aude