[Foundation-l] Pointing out to an oddity

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Wed May 14 15:39:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 17:12 +0200, elisabeth bauer wrote:

> I don't see any candidates on
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008/Candidates
> (the place where I would expect candicacies to show up)

Candidate's submission is on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008/Candidates/Submissions . Once the close of candidate submission period comes round, the election committee will transfer the listings of those that are verified to be eligible to the page you linked to, and translation will also begin.

Wily D wrote:
> Apparently we're not supposed to know that they exist yet - I don't
know why.

They are available on the submission page if one want to see it. The
committee would just prefer they not be as visibly available until we
have confirmed the candidates meet the eligibility criteria and that
their candidate submission meet the election regulation. This is partly
to ensure fairness to all those who stand. Say a candidate submission is
too long (as has been the case a couple of time), it does take time for
them to correct it. In the mean time, if it were all widely visible, the
other candidates can/will complain about unfair advantages gained over
the exposure to the longer statement.

KTC

  - Heinrich Heine