[Foundation-l] Community Assembly

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed May 14 12:48:29 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Why choose exactly one of the few  issues where we have a policy? A policy
that does what it is designed to do? Why not choose the more thorny issues
like how to collaborate between projects. How to deal with vandals who jump
from one project to the next. How to improve the usability of Commons. How
to help the small projects by mentoring their admins. How to determine the
limits of the self determination that is largely there for all projects. How
to deal with your freedom, when you want to limit the freedom of others.
What are the values that we expect in our projects and how do you allow for
the maturity of projects.. What lessons can be learned from policies that
are markedly different from the ones you are familiar with..

I agree with Milos that there is sufficient that can be done. So get
involved in the things that are not done yet. It is the best way to start
because you do not start with confrontation. When there is a working body
that has shown its value, we can talk about the start of new projects /
languages as well..
Thanks,
    GerardM