[Foundation-l] Community Assembly

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Wed May 14 12:08:49 UTC 2008

As I pointed out on Wikipedia Weekly earlier this week (Ep. 49 hasn't come
out yet), the Board /must/ be involved in the creation of new projects (note:
this is new *projects*, not new *languages*). When we launch a new language,
it is fairly trivial to add a new subdomain, launch a new instance of
the software,
and run. However, when a new project (ie: Wikinews, Wikispecies) is launched,
the Board must remain involved. This is due to fiduciary
responsibilities (purchasing
of the new domain name) and brand responsibilities (new trademark to handle).

-Chad