[Foundation-l] Pointing out to an oddity

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Wed May 14 02:02:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I cannot fully reconcile requests from the community to get involved in
>  WMF's activities; a petition from prostestors of now over 100 people...
>  and the total absence of discussion related to this year elections.
>
>  There are now three candidates. Does no one feel like asking them
>  questions beyond their 2000 words candidate statements ?
>
>  Ant

I think you may be missing the fact that "I want members of the
community (aside from those on the WMF board) to be involved in
day-to-day operations" is quite distinct from "I want to participate
in the regular election of Board members." I've not really been
involved in this issue myself, nor do I plan to be, but those are
distinct issues.

Though, of course, attention should be paid to the Board elections, as always.

--
Freedom is the right to say that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.