[Foundation-l] Community Assembly

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Mon May 12 21:31:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Geoffrey Plourde <geo.plrd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Meta deals with documentation for Wikimedia projects. It does not deal with the Community aspects of Wikimedia. The Community Assembly was just a title with a nice ring. Community is synonymous with mob. Assembly sounds like something of importance.

Erm, no.  Meta-Wiki is a lot more inclusive than that.  It's basically
the juncture/meeting point for all projects.  That is where the
stewards reside/handle requests, where we edit the global spam
blacklist, edit most of the main site files (like
<http://wikipedia.org>), coordinate translations for the
Foundationwiki, etc.  It is a *lot* more than documentation and deals
a /huge/ amount with the community aspects of Wikimedia.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---