[Foundation-l] Community Assembly

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon May 12 20:54:57 UTC 2008

2008/5/12 Geoffrey Plourde <geo.plrd at yahoo.com>:
> Just because a body is large does not mean that decisions will be bad. Are you
> saying that the community is too stupid to govern itself?

The problem is that mass devolved consensus-based governance sort of
fails to work except in the simplest of circumstances. This isn't
because we're collectively stupid, or individually inherently evil, or
all unscrupulously trying to get the upper hand; it's because we're
human beings. I don't see that changing, whatever committee exists.
Consensus is *hard*.

--
- Andrew Gray
 andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk