[Foundation-l] Future board meetings

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Sun May 11 20:45:46 UTC 2008

2008/5/11, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod op mccme.ru>:
> > * official creation of the board nominating committee
>  >      according to board restructuration
>  >      incidently, I would love some feedback from you guys about this
>  > committee. If you feel someone should really be on it, to help identify
>  > our future appointed members, I'll listen carefully and suggest the name
>  > to the board. Please do not feel left out from this part of the process.
>  > You are more than welcome being involved in it. I hope we'll talk more
>  > of this in june. This should be an open discussion.
>

> This probably depends on the functions of appointed members. If the
>  functions are clear now, then it would be good to have members of the
>  committee who can really evaluate the future board member credentials.
>
>  I assume the nominating committee is not about chapter-appointed seats?
>
>  Cheers
>
> Yaroslav

"(E) Board-appointed Trustees. Beginning in January 2009, four
Trustees will be appointed by the Board from a list of candidates
selected by the Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee shall
be appointed by the full board and shall include as members (i) at
least two Trustees selected during the prior July's community or
chapter selection process, and (ii) the Executive Director. The
Nominating Committee may consist of any number of members, including
former Trustees and external experts." (from the resolution on the
bylaw changes)

If you read the bylaws, the nominating committee is only about the
board-appointed seats. The committee is made up of at least two board
members which were appointed during prior july's chapter- or community
selection procedure. This means that two of the seats in this
committee will be for two of the following three:
* (The person replacing) Florence
* (The person(s) replacing) Domand and/or Michael
Note that according to the bylaws (at least, if I interpret well and
read really closely) Kat and Frieda are no option for these two seats.

Additional to these two seats any number of people can be appointed.
These are mainly the seats Florence asks us to give input on I guess.
I would at least suggest to appoint two people from the advisory
committee and three people directly from the community in that
committee. I could suggest a few names, but I have to realize that
people appointed in that committee would be no longer a candidate in
the following selection process...

Best regards,

Lodewijk