[Foundation-l] privacy policy update

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Fri May 9 00:11:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 01:53 +0200, Florence Devouard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> During the last board meeting, the board approved the following resolution
>
> The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees will amend its privacy policy
> to notify, when possible, those members of the community whose
> personally identifiable data has been sought through, or produced as a
> result of, civil or criminal legal process, except when such
> notification is forbidden by state or federal law in the United States
> of America.
>

> This change of policy was suggested early march by Nsk92, following the
> Video Professor incident.

Cool. I remember this either at the time it came up, or some other
earlier incident which resulted in such a proposal.

Question : will the notification occur before WMF actually produce the
information so that the member of the community can challenge the
information request through whatever legal process that may be available
to them?

KTC

  - Heinrich Heine