[Foundation-l] Stable versions live on de.wp

Sven Hagge shagge at freenet.de
Thu May 8 17:38:13 UTC 2008

Andrew Gray wrote:
> Excellent. How is trusted status allocated? Is it a positive decision
> to set the flag, or a sort of "super-autoconfirmed" status that gets
> doled out based on X many edits over Y time period?

So far the right can be given (and taken) by admins. Some sort of
"super-autoconfirmed" status was active for a while but we (don't ask me
who exactly) asked to inactivate that due to numerous complaints because
the limitation was rather low (30 edits + 30 days + some minor stuff
AFAIR). At the moment (the more or less) consensus is 200 edits (in main
space) and 2 month, that are all users who have the right to vote in
RFAs, so it is at least easy to check cause we have s script for that.
But that limit might change since we have a lot of discussion going on
about that on numerous pages and it is really hard to get an overview. I
think it is almost impossible to go more into detail without spreading
rumors. The 200/2 limit is what admins use at the moment so it might be
safe to say that this would be the upper limit.

Maybe it would be a good idea to give it and the German community some
time (at least a week or two) and see how things work, please be
patient. Flagged revs won't chance the wiki world instantaneously ;-)

Regards,
Sven