[Foundation-l] Dealing with interwiki disruption

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu May 8 14:57:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> IIRC, Milos, you would love to have the proposed Volunteer Council to
>  have the role of SuperHyperArbcom. Then I think I have a good reason
>  to oppose strongly your idea.

May you read my emails again and find where I said so? I proposed
forming of Meta ArbCom, as well as I mentioned that VC may act as a
*temporary* Meta ArbCom because we need some body to start to deal
with sediments of problems before it is too late.

> I and Ray referred to the same person who was so trusted as to be
> promoted to sysop (and even b'crat) but once permanently blocked from
> English Wikipedia Arbcom?

If some body/group/community makes some unreasonable decision (en.wp
ArbCom is not the first, not the last; jp.wp community decision for
your block is much more problematic because it was, AFAIK,
*community's* decision, not ArbCom's decision) -- there are ways for
working on making them more reasonable. However, without Meta ArbCom
and/or VC we don't have a regular method for that.

The other option is to give global power to local ArbComs. If one
ArbCom is not reasonable, other ArbComs will notice that...