[Foundation-l] Dealing with interwiki disruption

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 09:21:33 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 5/8/08, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Dealing with interwiki disruption
> Date: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 3:09 AM
> On Thursday 08 May 2008 06:11:31 Aphaia wrote:
> > Thanks for your information but it doesn't sound
> an "interwiki" thing
> > at all. It sounds rather trwiki internal issue and
> that's all.
> >
> > And I would add using stewards as deus ex machina to
> judge community
> > issues is a horrible idea, at least for me. Trwiki, in
> this case,
> > would be better to settle their own arbcom; again it
> doesn't look like
> > "interwiki" things.
>
> This was and interwiki issue because crosswiki CU action
> was needed (including
> CU action at tr.wp by steward because of limited amount of
> time and long CU
> procedure at tr.wp).
>
> BTW, Turkic languages are generally mutually
> understandable; especially
> Turkish and Azerbaijani. And projects in Turkic languages
> projects are good
> example for possible crosswiki block by default: a person
> which showed
> disruptive behavior at one of those projects will be
> disruptive on all other
> from that language group.
>
> I would also like to see some wikis to implement long term
> blocks decided by
> en.wp ArbCom (maybe by other ArbComs, too; but I am
> introduced only in en.wp
> ArbCom work). While en.wp ArbCom decisions related to
> desysoping or operative
> decisions for some set of articles or similar may be
> questionable -- I don't
> have any doubt about their decisions about long term
> blocks. And it would
> make dealing with projects disruption easier.

There have already been several people in this thread from English non-WP wikis who have said they do not want to implement blocks/bans from en.WP and they have given actual examples showing they would lose valuable contributers. As I haven't said so before let me add my voice to say that I do not think people blocked on en.WP are inherently problems at en.WS.  Why are you pushing this?

Birgitte SB