[Foundation-l] A new proposal regarding US chapters

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue May 6 17:54:48 UTC 2008

I don't find this line of thought compelling at all.  There is no need
for a separate legal national organization, and indeed this would be
confusing and counter-productive.

I can see an argument for US chapters not need a legal organization at
all (just use the Foundation for this), and I can see an argument for
each of them having their own legal organization (this seems better to
me), but I can't see having one non-Foundation organization for multiple
chapters.