[Foundation-l] Dealing with interwiki disruption

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue May 6 17:49:32 UTC 2008

Wily D wrote:
> Indeed, just yesterday Poetlister was unblocked on en.wikipedia, at
> least partly based on her long history of good conduct at Wikiquote.
> One of the canonical ways to get unbanned is to go to another project
> and behave.
Of course, getting out of the heat, and proving your good faith
elsewhere separates them from the really harmful people.  The regulars
on other projects will be more inclined to treat the person more
objectively.  I have encountered Poetlister on Wikisource, and had a
sharp difference of opinion with her, but even though I disagreed with
her, I had no reason to question her motives.  The learning curve for
people with strong opinions is not an easy one, and those who are too
willing to find fault with them would do better putting a small effort
into searching for common ground.

If Poetlister's sin was with the use of sockpuppets did anybody begin by
approaching her in a respectful manner about this serious sin?

Ec