[Foundation-l] A new proposal regarding US chapters

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:14:22 UTC 2008

No, the US does not need one national chapter. This has been gone over
time and again.  Anthony's strategy provides for a guiding body to
oversee the local chapters (something that takes too much time and
effort for the foundation to do, and also something they must be
separate from for liability reasons), but keeps the emphasis on the
local chapters, to conduct local events and local outreach, something
that they can do far better than any national chapter, while national
stuff can be reserved for the WMF to handle. The national guiding body
also simplifies the issue of the US local chapters candidates for the
2 board seats.

It sounds great to me.

-Dan