[Foundation-l] Chapter-selected Board seats - brainstorming

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Mon May 5 23:24:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
>  lOf course, if the gross receipts of the organization are less
>  than $5000/year, there is no requirement to get a determination letter
>  in the first place (IRC 508(c)(1)(b)).

Thanks Anthony.  I think it makes most sense to go with 508(c)(1)(b)
for now, since I don't think we'll have a large budget for the first
year or two.

I still think a "group exemption" might make sense in the long run,
since I was more concerned with the 501(c)(3) paperwork than simply
filing incorporation papers.

Thanks,
Pharos