[Foundation-l] Chapter-selected Board seats - brainstorming

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun May 4 15:13:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Thank you.  I am personally uncertain whether things are worth the trouble.  That is why I am trying to get answers on why the board and people who believe chapters to be important think US chapter(s) to be worthwhile.

I think the main impetus for them right now is to gain a voice in the
selection of chapter representatives on the board.  However, hopefully
this whole messy conversation will convince those who work out the
details of the chapter representative selection to basically subvert
the whole idea.  As I said before, nothing seems to stop the chapters
from deciding that the chapter representatives will be selected via
the standard election process.  In fact, there wouldn't even need to
be a separate vote.

Maybe in the longer term the chapter selection process can be worked
out, but chapters don't seem to be widespread enough to make it work
at this time.  It's not just the US.  There are numerous places in the
world that don't have chapters set up.