[Foundation-l] Chapter-selected Board seats - brainstorming

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat May 3 19:55:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I wanted to say that a level of independence is often less important
>  than some other issues. If the goal is to build a functional
>  organization, then we should think about aspects which are
>  particularly important in some cases. In the case of US (and other big
>  countries) there is much more important problem than a level of
>  regional autonomy: the distance. Because of that, I may imagine that
>  WM New England would be a functional organization, while I am not sure
>  that WM California would be.

California seems like a good example of where a separate organization
would make sense, because its laws tend to be quite different from the
rest of the states.

In the end, I think the most important question to answer first is the
one posed by Danny.  Why is there a need for incorporation in the
first place?

As for Free State Bavaria, I don't know the details, but if they are
just as independent as the US states (separate laws and courts,
separate taxes, separate incorporation statutes, the need to file as a
foreign corporation anyway), then I don't know of any reason not to
have a chapter there as well.