[Foundation-l] Chapter-selected Board seats - brainstorming

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat May 3 13:34:14 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
>  Easy you answer it yourself. The USA is one country under God, Europe is
>  not.
>  Thanks,
>        GerardM

I've never referred to the USA as "one country under God", but this
begs the question as to whether being "one country" matters at all.
The USA is not "one state under God".  (I've never called it "one
country under God" either, but that's irrelevant.)

To look at it another way, chapters are non-profit organizations, and
non-profit organizations are formed through the state and governed by
state law (at least in the US, I don't know how it works in the EU).