[Foundation-l] Cary Bass as "Wikimedia US Affiliates Coordinator"

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Fri May 2 22:20:19 UTC 2008

I propose that we promote Cary Bass to "Wikimedia US Affiliates
Coordinator", as an adjunct position to "Volunteer Coordinator" of the
WMF.

The WMF already handles the legal responsibilities of a US chapter (it
administers the trademarks etc.).  With a "Wikimedia US Affiliates
Coordinator" we can also have an organizational capacity among the
different affiliates (the on-the-ground groups) around the country.

I would be happy to report to Cary from New York, and hopefully Andrew
could report to him from Pennsylvania, and Dan from DC etc.

Cary could also have the responsibility of collating votes from the
different affiliates in US Wikimedians' say toward the chapter seats
on the Board.

(I haven't contacted Cary about this yet, but I am hopeful he would be
warm to the idea.)

Thanks,
Pharos