[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri May 2 18:50:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  >  In a private organization, a "manager" can motivate a group by using
>  >  various incentives. Saying publicly that someone is just not doing his
>  >  job is not exactly the best way to stimulate an already not-so-active
>  >  person.
>  >
>  Maybe not, but at least then the whole board won't take the blame,
>  which I thought was what you were complaining about.

Moreover, if a board member persistently doesn't do his job, and
refuses to resign, there's always removal.

You say "the community should feel responsibility in the possible
poorer results that might be expected", but if the community doesn't
have feedback over who it is that's giving poor results, and the
community doesn't have any removal power anyhow, then I disagree that
the community does have any responsibility over this.

This cloak-and-dagger treatment of what you apparently consider a big
enough problem to bring up on this list is not at all helpful.