[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 15:48:59 UTC 2008

In a private organization, a "manager" can motivate a group by using
various incentives. Saying publicly that someone is just not doing his
job is not exactly the best way to stimulate an already not-so-active
person.

The best solution is probably to have a cohesive group, with a deep
sense of the collective. A cohesive group, with complementary skills and
compatible personnalities.

The way to have such a group is by making it possible to someone to
actually define which group he wants, and to recruit the members of this
group.
This is not exactly how we build the board. The majority of members are
chosen by others, regardless of the cohesiveness of the group.

(I do not say that elections are a bad idea. I like elections. However,
the community should feel responsibility in the possible poorer results
that might be expected)

Ant