[Foundation-l] Chapter-selected Board seats - brainstorming

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:48:05 UTC 2008

Part of the brainstorming process is for people to determine that.
However, I'd suggest it for multiple purposes. It'd be a membership
voice for DC area Wikimedians, especially as far as the board
restructuring is concerned. It can assist the WMF in both donations
and content release, especially within the DC metro area (which has a
lot of room for both) by adding local contact, as well as taking some
of the burden off of the WMF. It could also be a source of donations
from people who have issues donating to the WMF as a whole, but want
to support Wikimedia in other ways. It can organize events for its
membership, as well as providing a representative voice for this
subsection of the population, one that is pretty highly active in
Wikimedia. Finally, it's a first step towards getting any sort of
representation for the US in a chapter structure.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

-Dan