[Foundation-l] A question for the Wikimania jury

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 31 22:24:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:02:55 +0700, Waerth <waerth at asianet.co.th> wrote:
> The funny thing in this whole debate is that people call Alexandria far
> from Europe ..... it is closer to Europe than say Boston ..... and the
> visa situation to Egypt is better for Europeans then to the US. I was
> told by a US Embassy friend of mine that I would probably be turned
> around at US border because I have lived in Thailand so long ..... even
> though I am Dutch. This wouldn't happen in Egypt.

Agreed. If I was still living in Darwin where I lived for 18 years
before moving to Melbourne, it would be more difficult and costly to
attend a Wikimania held in my own country, Australia. at any obvious
venue which would not include Darwin, than it would be for anyone to get
to Egypt from anywhere in Europe.