[Foundation-l] A question for the Wikimania jury

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 02:45:16 UTC 2008

That carries with it the implied statement that strong bids from such
places would have been unwelcome from the very start for 2009's
Wikimania, which is troubling. If that's not the case, please let me
know. I'm certainly not saying that BA had a weak bid; from what I've
seen of it, I don't think it was too bad. Were the jury to have
addressed the concerns regarding the high relative weight that
location has compared to it's actual level of importance when compared
to other factors, and still chosen BA on its merits, I'd be OK with
that; I just feel that those concerns were not addressed.

-Dan