[Foundation-l] Photographer IDs

Geoffrey Plourde geo.plrd at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 19:40:50 UTC 2008

Actually, moving over to Meta or merging is a great idea. Can I get in contact with you offlist?

Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org> wrote:  Only the English Wikinews has an accreditation process.

The policy is here,
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Accreditation_policy

Requests for accreditation go here, http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/WN:AR

There are also a few other pages which those link to. The Wikinews phone
hotline is one of the methods that can be used to verify credentials.

We have one contributor who takes people's personal details and makes up
laminated press passes that get posted out; in the past, this got a reporter
preferential access to NHL (hockey) matches and a seat in the press box.
What seems to have made the biggest difference though was the purchase of
the wikinewsie.org domain and use of that for email addresses. This was
something I took upon myself to do and it seemed to have an impact in
landing my interview with Tony Benn and David Shankbone getting his Israel
junket and interview with Shimon Peres. It certainly looks a damn sight more
professional to have firstname.lastname at wikinewsie.org instead of some
hotmail or gmail address.