[Foundation-l] Photographer IDs

Adam Brookes adambro at aebrookes.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 09:51:37 UTC 2008

I very much doubt that the Foundation would be happy with having the WMF
logo used in any way which may suggest that Commons photographers are in
anyway represent the Foundation. The Foundation have been cautious about the
Wikinews accreditation process for this very same reason. They want to
minimise the risk of exposing the WMF to legal repercussions.

organisation, seperate from the WMF, has been proposed named the
"CollabMediaNet" at ttp://www.collabmedia.net which might be of interest
eventually.

Anyway, to be honest, I'm struggling to think of situations where a Commons
ID would be appropriate. I'll take a look at the thread on the Commons list
though to see if that helps me.

Regards,

Adam Brookes
(User:Adambro)