[Foundation-l] Thinking for the Future

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 00:54:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I know of many investors who would like to see a 10% return on
> investment on their financial assets right now. To get such rates, one
> really need to hire a really good (and really expensive) financial
> advisor :-)

Yeah.  To be fair, the endowments usually look at annualized returns across
decades.  Back in the 80s and 90s you could get 10% returns while doing
little more than buying the Dow components, and effective financial
managers did considerably better.  In the current investment environment,
you are right that practical returns are likely to be much less.

-Robert Rohde