[Foundation-l] Stroop report

SlimVirgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 23:11:54 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> This came up in the discussion, but since the German occupation during
>  WW2 is considered illegitimate under international law, Polish law
>  applies, even in areas where the de jure Polish government didn't have
>  de facto control. The discussion is here:
>  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Category:Stroop_Report

Does this mean that the images taken inside Auschwitz can be marked
PD, either as PD in Poland or PD in the U.S. because seized enemy
property? We've been told by several Wikipedians who specialize in
images that we could only claim fair use for them, which has meant the
images have been challenged quite a few times by people who say we
can't claim fair use unless we know the name of the copyright holder.
We've had several attempts to delete some of them on that basis.

Sarah