[Foundation-l] Fundraising "Bugging for Dollars" (request forcomment form WMF)

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Fri Mar 21 13:31:16 UTC 2008

If a "donate to help cover the cost of developing this, and other, features"
button was added to bugzilla I feel very few would object. Provided there is
no promise to work on someone's pet project and this is made clear then
funding that is allocated to the cost of developers should not be a serious
issue to manage. It may free up resources from the Foundation's budget to
work on other issues, or - in the unlikely event it is a runaway success -
it may contribute enough to help take on another developer. In either case,
it is another potential source of revenue.

Brian McNeil