[Foundation-l] Fundraising "Bugging for Dollars"

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 00:07:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 6:37 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/03/2008, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >  I don't think
>  >  it would work for MediaWiki, though - we don't pay people to edit
>  >  articles, so why should we pay people to patch the software?
>
>  Because we're vastly well-supplied with editors and horribly
>  undersupplied with developers.

Another benefit that I see (and some people might not see this as a
benefit) is that people can more effectively earmark their donation
money for specific purposes, instead of donating into the general
"operating" fund of the foundation. This gives donors more control
over where their money goes.

--Andrew Whitworth