[Foundation-l] Advertisements?

Kul Takanao Wadhwa kwadhwa at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 20 17:20:44 UTC 2008

In regards to Jimbo's comments, I believe we owe it to our
mission to revisit these revenue models frequently, including
advertising. I am not saying that we ever will allow ads
but anything we do to bring in money comes at a price; we
have to give up something. And the question is "at what cost?"
We would obviously have to weigh all the positives and
negatives about doing anything in this area BEFORE we even
consider delving into this area. I don't really have any
answers right now for ads but, for the moment, there are
other biz dev ops that are at the top of the list to evaluate.

Kul Takanao Wadhwa
Head of Business Development
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
kul at wikimedia.org