[Foundation-l] Advertisements?

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:13:53 UTC 2008

please quote correctly. The full quote is:

White Cat wrote:
> We have an ongoing election in the United States. I am sure presidential
> candidates would love to use wikipedia for their smear campaigns. We have
> already seen many examples of this such as edits coming from congress IPs.
> Such attempts are reverted per [[WP:BLP]] which we will not be able to do
> our paying customers.

I take no sides in this discussion, but I would just like to note that
this last bit is not really true.  In the unlikely event that the
Foundation decided to take advertising in some limited fashion on the
search results page or similar (and I should note that this is an
interesting discussion in the community, but not something the board is
actively interested in or considering at all) it would be quite simple
to accept only pre-approved ads, and to mark them quite clearly as not
part of the content, etc.