[Foundation-l] Advertisements?

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 00:51:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Geoffrey Plourde <geo.plrd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How many times does this have to be pounded home? If you put ads in WP or any other project, there would be a fork. Look at the Spanish WP if you don't believe me. However why don't we look at a opt in adsense skin?

Opt-in is no trouble. (Opt-OUT would be, "no ads" should always be the
default.) Also, why couldn't one run ads on one's own personal
website, blog, etc., and donate a portion (or even all) of the revenue
to WMF, if one should so desire to provide financial support to
Wikimedia through advertising?

--
Freedom is the right to say that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.